Third Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers founded their football club, 12 days after the world’s first international football match held on St Andrews Day 1872. They were formed on East Howard Street, Glasgow, in the Orderly Room, Havelock Buildings.
The Havelock Buildings were situated on Maxwell Street and East Howard Street. This is an old map from 1869 of the area. This is adjacent to St Andrew’s Cathedral.
Old newspaper records, indicate the Havelock Buildings had shops, warehouses and counting houses, and main office was 85 Maxwell Street.